When Sulin passed me the Oven Cleaner to test and review, I was skeptical. I mean we tried many ways to clean our oven. We’ve googled best ways to clean your oven without chemicals and those tried and tested methods of using vinegar, baking soda and even ammonia did not work. Gosh, I even bought a huge bottle of ammonia once only to have it spilled on me and I went home smelling like a drowned animal. It was not pleasant at all!
I put Oven Cleaner aside for a while because cleaning the oven was not the top of priority in the list of household chores to do. But we do use the oven occasionally when the Man feels like he wants to cook and my poor helper would be the one cleaning the oven up when he’s done with the cooking.
Unfortunately, over the years (almost 5 now), the layer of grease that gets piled up in the oven is really quite disgusting. Yup, you read right, disgusting! No matter how hard we tried to scrub the bits that we could see, nothing would remove the black bits.
So one afternoon, I decided to finally put the Oven Cleaner to the test. I had that 10% of skepticism and wondered if the product would work its magic on our oven.
Instructions for using the Oven Cleaner:
- Pre-heat oven (we set our temperature to about 100 Degree Celsius for about 3-5 minutes).
- Thereafter switch off the oven and wait for it to cool slightly.
- Spray the Oven Cleaner quite liberally around the oven. [Note: Fumes are quite strong so either cover your nose, wear a mask and make sure your kiddos are not around when you are cleaning out your oven.]
- Close oven door, wait for about 20 – 30 minutes.
- Clean with damp cloth or kitchen towels. [Note: make sure you wear kitchen gloves when you are cleaning out the oven. Even though the product is said to environmentally friendly, I found that it dried my hands out. Nothing too serious that hand-cream couldn’t resolve.]
- Once you are satisfied with how your clean oven now looks, it’s recommended that you pre-heat the oven again before putting any food in it.
Oven Cleaner when sprayed on surfaces develops immediately into a thick, bubbling foam that penetrates and lifts away black carbon deposits and crusty, baked on food. It is safe to use on any metal kitchen appliance and utensils making it the ideal cleaner for both institutional and home kitchens. Cleans both warm and cold ovens.
Oven Cleaner uses a thick, gel formula to penetrate & lift away baked-on food & carbon deposits from the surface.
You can use Oven Cleaner safely on ovens, stainless steel products and bakeware.
We were all very surprised at how quick and effective Oven Cleaner really is in removing the dirt/ grime/ grease from our stainless steel bakeware.
Okay, I don’t mean to gross you out, but check out, I mean check out the thick layer of grease that was removed in just a couple of swipes. Minimal effort used in removing the dirt. We don’t have to scrub the surfaces, just a couple of wipes and viola, the dirt is removed. This reminds me of those infor-mericals that you see on TV, yup, the ones that probably got you thinking ‘Can’t be real?’ I’m telling you now, IT IS REAL!
Our almost good as new oven and all it took us was under 1 hour to have this cleaned! Super impressed! In fact, the helper is so pleased with this product that she proceeded to use it on our toaster over which also looked quite dirty on the inside. Now it looks almost as new again.
I’ve put together a short clip on how we used the Oven Cleaner, check it out!🙂
Special offer for readers of Lady J’s Musings:
Enjoy a 5% discount on Oven Cleaner (Usual Price: $42.90) when you use the promo code:ladyjhasacleanover to place your order on Our Lifestyle Shop . Hurry, hurry for promo will run from 26 August to 25 September 2016.
——–Disclaimer : lady J’s musings received a can of Oven Cleaner from Our Lifestyle Shop to test and review. No additional monetary rewards were given. All views expressed are purely of my own and written according to my experience in using the products/services. Any queries on the product should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.