Blueberries are one of Bubba’s favourite fruit. So here’s my feeble attempt to whip up something nice for her breakfast over the weekend when I was home. This time round, instead of getting her to sit and watch television while I work on the pancakes in the kitchen. I decided to enlist her help to stir and mix the batter. After all, how difficult can it be?
Well, it did prove to be challenging. She happily chanted “I stir!” while helping me to stir the batter. Obviously that only kept her occupied for all of 2 minutes, thereafter, she wanted to just lick and eat the raw batter which I managed to stop her in time.
Presenting our really simple Blueberry Pancakes recipe which we adapted from the Banana Pancake recipe.
Blueberry Pancakes (makes 5 mini pancakes)
- 8 – 10 blueberries (washed and dried)
- 1 egg (we used the small organic farm egg)
- 4 tablespoons of self-raising flour
- 3 tablespoons of milk
- Mix egg, self-raising flour and milk into bowl and stir till smooth batter is obtained.
- Fold in blueberries into the batter (be careful not to smash the blueberries).
- Heat pan with some unsalted butter.
- Pour batter into pan, fry up and serve.
We served our blueberry pancakes with some maple syrup and also strawberries plus more blueberries for the little one. No guesses what she loved from the plate the most!
These pancakes also made for a fast breakfast for me too! Helps kill two birds with one stone if you are ever in a hurry.