Happy 6 months old!. And as promised, Daddy is writing u another letter. How time flies.. in a bat of an eyelid u are now more than double of your birth weight! You are so much more responsive to the surrounding, and you have definitely found your voice! We hear u complain when u are unhappy, and we also hear so much more of your laughter now. So what are the most memorable moments these 3 mths? Here goes!
- Father – daughter outings. So we have our first Daddy and Sophie outing right when u are about 4 mths old. Mommy was out so I had 2 hrs with u alone. We didn’t wander very far, just walking around the malls in Orchard. But I really enjoyed carrying u in the baby carrier.
- Our almost daily exercise regime. You are now much stronger and have really stable neck and back. I love the morning stretching sessions with you and also using u as a weight for core training 🙂 I think u like it too as u are always smiling when we do this. can’t wait for u to be bigger and perhaps we can go for some yoga classes together!
- Feeding – right around the 5th mth, you are able to hold your own bottle with both hands and feed yourself! U still need some help to tilt the bottle in the right angle but we are getting there!
- Your first fall – i kept thinking when was this going to come.. and this came right before u hit your 6month milestone. Daddy has an office party and had come home late… was supposed to look after you in the morning but I doze off.. and next we hear was a screaming baby at the bottom of the bed.. thank god you are ok.. And I think it’s better this happen in my watch than anyone else 🙂 I know this won’t be the last fall, but let’s try to minimise this.
- Our first race – u did your first kids dash at the SCB Singapore Marathon, mommy kindly registered for us and I think u must be one of the youngest participants. U were asleep 2 mins into the race, but we still did it together! can’t wait for u to be bigger and we can do a 10km race together, with u in the stroller of course.
There are so many things that i wanted to list down, to be honest, every moment with you is special to me. You are learning and growing so fast, that i know soon I’m really gonna miss this age of you.
But that said, continue to grow up well girl, and daddy will be with you at every step.
P.S. (in Hokkien saying, babies will sit on 7th month, crawl on 8th month and teeth on the 9th, think you already mastered the sitting part 1 month earlier. Looking forward to the next few milestones!)
Lotsa love, Daddy