[Sponsored review] :
Many have asked where Bun will be sleeping when she arrives. Well, we started out with really good intentions, we wanted her to sleep with us to be close to her and check on her obviously. Then when we shared what we were going to do, friends who are parents started sharing their side of the story and gave their advice. So the Man and I, we laid our cards and discussed sleeping arrangements for Bun. In an ideal world, if it works, then great. If not, we always have a back-up plan and we don’t mind just using that if it works.
So for now, Bun will be sleeping in the guest-room which will double-up as a nursery until she turns about a month or so and we do up minor renovations for the home. The idea is for her to have a room that’s really close to us. But of course, plans may change along the way, so again, we are going with the flow for this one.
Her room for now is pretty bare, ‘cept for her essentials and her cot. Shelves are also bare with minimal decor items as we want to keep her environment as clutter-free as we possibly can before the books/ toys and randoms flood the shelves. Plus the Man has always been the neat freak among the 2 of us. Hehe..
Decided to put the B-Sanitized™ product gifted by Our Lifestyle Shop to good use since I had the morning free while the Man went for a game of golf.
Using the B-Sanitized™:
There are 2 ways which you can use the B-Sanitized™ product either the Total Release Fogger method or just the manual spraying method. The latter is a rather quick way of disinfecting your surfaces to clean and sanitize them. It will certainly come in handy when we need to santize surfaces or some of her toys to keep it germ-free occasionally when Ben is here.
On the other hand, the Total Release Fogger, which does a proper job of sanitizing and disinfecting all surfaces of the entire room effectively needed a little more work and advance planning ahead. So I decided to document the process if you are interested to find out who cleaning a room quickly can be done.
First, turn off ALL ignition sources such as gas valves and open flames. The last thing you really want when using this product is to cause an explosion in the home. Cover exposed food, dishes and food handling equipment (if you are using it to sanitize your kitchen or living room). Open cabinets and doors to area to be treated. Shut off all fans and air conditioner and close all doors and windows.
I laid newspapers in the centre of the room so that the particles from the can will not leave a stain on my wooden floors and for easy clean-up as well. Point valve away opening from face and eyes when releasing. It’s said that one unit of this can spray can be used for 6,000 cubic feet of unobstructed area. Also, do not remain in the area during treatment and ventilate thoroughly before re-entry and using the room. Here’s how it should look like when the valve/ mist is activated correctly. I quickly snapped a pic and then closed the doors for it to work its magic in the room.
Operating the valve did take us quite a while to figure it out, so I thought I will share with you a close-up shot of how to do this. To lock the fogger valve for the Total Release Fogger method, you will need to press valve button all the way down and then hook in the catch. You will know it’s activated when the mist is dispensed from the can continuously.
Hope the step-by-step guide for the Total Release Fogger helped you. I’m sure you also have other questions regarding the usage of this product so the folks over at Our Lifestyle Shop very kindly compiled a list of questions and answers regarding this that will put your mind to ease when using the product:
- How do I use B-Sanitized™ for the home? The trigger on the aerosol has 2 settings. By fully depressing the trigger, it locks down and allows the canister to fully dispense and fog/fumigate all exposed surfaces in the room. It can also be use to disinfect surfaces if used as a spray.
- How long does it take? If using the Total Release Fogger method, the product will dispense fully in about 2 or 3 minutes and it’s highly recommended to leave the room empty for about 2 hours for this will allow all the fine mist droplets to dissipate and fall to the ground where they can no longer be inhaled. If using the spray method, then it will sanitize surfaces within 5 or 10 minutes.
- How effective is the product after I sprayed it? B-Sanitized™ is designed to remove any germs already present but it also leaves a fine residual antimicrobial coating which will last a few days.
- Where can I use it? Almost anywhere! B-Sanitized™ is ideal for classrooms, nurseries and offices. In fact anywhere where people congregate.
- How often should I use it? This really depends on the environment you operate within. The more people passing through the place will increase the chances of new germs entering that environment.
Want to win B-Sanitized™ for your home?
Join Our Lifestyle Shop mailing list and who knows you might just walk away with this prize to protect your home from germs.
Closing date is 30 June 2014, so sign up soon!
Special offer for readers of Lady J’s Musings
Our Lifestyle Shop is offering a special promo for you! Simply purchase 2 cans of B-Sanitized™ at S$72 (S$36 per can instead of S$39.90) and enjoy a saving of S$7.80.
To enjoy this special deal, use the promo code: ladyj when you place your order on Our Lifestyle Shop . Promo ends on 31 July, 2014.
Thanks to Sulin from Our Lifestyle Shop for inviting me to try the product and review it. Really handy and simple way of sanitising the room in prep for the little one. 🙂
——–Disclaimer : lady J’s musings received 2 cans of B-Sanitized™ from Our Lifestyle Shop to test and review. No additional monetary rewards were given. All views expressed are purely of my own and written according to my experience in using the products/services. Any queries on the product should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.