Strapped for dinner ideas with 2 relatively sick people under the roof meant we don’t have many choices for take-out. Was craving for pizza though. So whipped up this simple meal under an hour and it sure was comforting. Another recipe for keeps.
Prata Pot Pie (a cheater’s guide to a quick dinner):
Serves 3 – 4 pax
– 1 can of condensed Cream of Chicken and Mushroom soup (you could use your fave flavour)
– 1 cup milk
– 4 chicken strips (cooked and cut into pieces)
– 1 cup edamame
– 1 carrot and 1 potato (cooked and diced)
– Mushrooms, Chicken Sausages (optional)
– 2 to 3 pieces of frozen roti prata (depending on size of your serving dish)
1) Warm up condensed cream soup with milk. Add the diced potatoes, carrots, edamame, chicken, chicken sausages and mushrooms into the mix. Basically, you could use anything you wish into the dish. I just used whatever we could find at home. [Note: Milk is used as a thickener for the dish, if you wish for it to be less creamy, simply add lesser milk.]
2) Transfer contents to an over safe serving dish.
3) Partially thaw the roti prata until it begins to be slightly pliable. This would allow you to press the prata along the rim of your serving dish. Place it over dish and start to cover visible bits of the mixture. (Hmm, we obviously didn’t do a good job of this.)
4) Place dish in a pre-heated oven of 180C and bake for about 20 – 30 minutes until the prata puffs up and turns golden brown.
5) Serve hot and enjoy!
Like I said before, this was really good but we probably need to improve on our prata covering skills. Hehe..