Woke up at an almost ungodly hour today and was craving to either make me some pancakes or scones for breakie! Happens that I have everything I need for the Puffed Pancake recipe, so I zipped into the kitchen to whip a batch of pancakes for breakie.
Here’s the recipe if you are interested in whipping up a batch on your own. By the way, they really taste super!
Makes about 3 – 4 pieces of pancakes
– 2 eggs
– 1/2 cup milk
– 1/2 cup flour
– Dash of salt
– Dash of cinnamon
– 1 tablespoon butter
1) Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
2) Whisk together the eggs, milk, flour, salt and cinnamon in a bowl.
3) While the oven is preheating, melt the butter in a pie pan or 9 inch square pan. [I used a cake tin for this.]
4) Pour the batter into the hot melted buttered pan.
5) Bake 10-12 minutes (or until the pancake is firm and has puffed around the edges).
6) The pancake will shrink down a bit after coming out of the oven (that’s ok.) serve right away with either lemon juice, powdered sugar, maple syrup, or fruit.