Baked potatoes – we love them as a good side dish with our steak. It was cook-out time for us over the weekend and instead of just making baked potatoes, I thought I’d try something new. Started searching for a recipe over at Martha Stewart’s site and this recipe popped out! So we headed to buy the rest of the ingredients for the dish and made this to accompany our roast chicken.
Boy, was it delicious! Gonna list this down for it’s gonna make a come-back at our dinners!
Twice-baked Potatoes (Recipe adapted from Martha Stewart)
Serves 2 – 3
- 2 medium-sized russet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons of milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup snipped chives (save some for garnish)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius. Rub potatoes with vegetable oil. On a baking sheet, bake until potatoes are easily pierced with a paring knife, about 45 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- With paring knife, cut a thin slice lengthwise off the top of each potato and discard.
- Using a spoon, scoop out all but 1/2-inch potato flesh from inside skin. Transfer to a bowl and add sour cream, milk, butter, and chives; mash until combined. Season with coarse salt and ground pepper. Spoon mixture into potato skins.
- Bake until lightly browned on top for about 15 – 20 minutes. Serve sprinkled with more chives.