I almost couldn’t believe that I managed to churn out Muah Chee in just under 5 minutes! Seriously! This post by E from missus C’s reverie almost sounds too good to be true. It certainly piqued my interest and for the Man’s too for Muah Chee so happens to be one of his favourite foods.
The Man was feeling sorta peckish and since I had the ingredients on hand, I suggested making this as a pre-dinner snack. 5 minutes on, guess who was a happy camper? 🙂
Muah Chee (serves 1-2 depending on how hungry you are)
(Adapted from Missus C’s Reverie)
62g glutinous rice flour (approximately 1 cup)
1 tbsp vegetable oil
3-4tbsp store-bought readily mixed peanuts sugar mixture (I got mine from Sheng Shiong)
1. Mix glutinous rice flour, water and vegetable oil in a microwaveable bowl. Stir to mix well.
2. Microwave on high for 3 minutes.
3. In a deep dish, pour out peanuts sugar mix.
4. Once the rice paste is ready, cut a big piece and drop it into the peanuts sugar mixture.
5. Cut the rice paste into a smaller cubes and coat them with the peanuts and sugar mixture.
6. Serve immediately.
Tuck in and enjoy this timeless street snack! 🙂 And I would have to agree with E, this recipe is definitely a keeper! YAY!