I wasn’t expecting this but it’s a surprise and definitely an honor for me to receive this nomination by eveeleva for the Liebster Blog Awards. I received this award last year over Christmas from Jeannie but looks like the criteria has all changed.
Well, here goes:
1. When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you.
2. Pass the award onto 11 other blogs (make sure you tell them you nominated them!) and ask them 11 questions.
3. You are not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated you!
4. Make sure the blogs you chose have 200 or LESS followers
Sounds like quite a toughie, so let’s see 11 random facts that you don’t already know about me:
1. I believe I suffer from a mild case of low-self esteem.
2. I used to be obese (like roly-poly). Having too much pig trotters feet and late-night suppers of beef hor-fun were clearly my downfall.
3. I’m quite the tyrant in the family and used to drive my mom crazy as I would fight with my sister.
4. I’m currently trying the Subway diet – not so sure if it’s working.
5. I secretly wish I can turn back the clock at times – I would study harder and spend lesser time day-dreaming.
6. As a teenager, I was quite the tom-boy, had no qualms throwing water-bombs at the guys.
7. I used to scare them with my super-long high-pitch screams as well.
8. Growing up, I used to do a lot of crazy stuff with my cousins. Hide-and-seek was our fave game. One day, we were hiding in the cupboard, aunt came back found out what we were doing and smacked my cousin who took the blame for the team.
9. I can be quite the nagger if I choose to so you really don’t want to catch me on a wrong day in a foul mood.
10. I really dislike people who are constantly late when we meet up. There is a reason why we fix a specific time to meet. If you can’t make it by a specific time then do have the courtesy to call me at least 15-20 minutes ahead of time to tell me that you are going to be running late. I’m not unreasonable, there are better things I could do with my time then standing/sitting around and waiting for you.
11. You know what they say about compartmentalising parts of your life? I think I can do that. I’m kinda organised at work and somewhat messy at home – drives the Man crazy when I leave my things lying around and he screaming after me. Oopsy.
Now, on to the 11 questions posed by eeveleva:
1. What’s the wildest, most unexpected thing that has ever happened to you?
Striking Toto (local sweepstakes)! I think about 11 of us pooled money to purchase tickets for the annual Lunar New Year draw and although we didn’t hit the jackpot, we were pleased with the amount that we took back.
2. What’s the last thing you do at night before you go to bed?
Hmm… I’m trying to diligently put cuticle oil on my nails, slather on the nail cream, give the fur-kid a light peck or a pat on his head, then kiss the Man and I head off to bed.
3. If you could be reborn as someone else, who would it be and why?
Marie Antoinette. Her life came to a tragic end but it would be pretty cool to see what it would be like to live in the amazing palace of Versailles before it was ruined.
4. What’s the first thing you ever learnt to cook?
Toasted bread with banana and nutella. This was something that my cousin taught me when we had sleep-overs at her place.
5. If you could travel anywhere in the world tomorrow, where would it be and why?
Tokyo! I fully lived there for about 10 months but during the Man’s 3 year stay there, I went to visit him frequently. I fell in love with the city, the food, the people, the culture and the pulse of the city.
6. What’s the one thing you look or looked for in a partner/spouse?
Well, the usual frivolous answer : Tall, Dark and Handsome… haha… but jokes aside, I really think opposites attract. The Man and I do not have a lot of things in common but after being together for almost 10 years, we just know that we compliment one another.
7. If you could donate 1 million dollars to a good cause, what cause would it be?
Another toughie… Can I split my million dollars several ways? I would like to help the animal shelter, the intellectually disabled and the elderly.
8. iPad/iPhone or Galaxy Note? Why?
I’ve always love all things Apple but of late, I’m gravitating and itching to try out Samsung products. So I’m sitting on the fence with this one.
9. If I challenged you to a swimming race, what swimming stroke would assure you a win?
Free-style. I think the free-style swimming stroke gives off the fastest speed if you know the technique. However, not too sure if I would win, if the challenge is based on distance.
10. What’s the scariest thing you think you will never be able to bring yourself to do?
Pick a dead lizard up. My form teacher in Primary 6 made me pick up a dead lizard in front of the whole class. She refused to let me use more than 1 piece of tissue paper to pick up the dead creature. I ended up crying like a baby and the class witnessed my bawling antics for 30 minutes of the class. Guess on the bright side, we didn’t have to attend lessons for that period.
11. What’s your favourite number and why?
I had a few favourite numbers depending on my mood but currently it’s 9. Because, if you score a 9 at Bacarat, that make’s you the highest winner on the tables. Plus 9 in dialect kinda sounds like dog – my fave pet in the whole wide world b’cos of Sparky!
Phew, now that’s a long list! Hope you guys enjoyed reading it.
Now, I’m gonna be a deviant and not pass on the award to others. Well, sometimes living life is about breaking the rules.
But who knows, if I’m free one day, I might just revive this and pass the award on. 😉