So we used 2 boxes of Prima Taste Singapore Curry Mix that supposedly will serve a total of 12 people (according to the box) for our Singapore food feast. Guess what? A feast we whipped up for our guests but that’s not all! The leftovers from that pot of curry continued to feed us for another 5 meals! Pretty amazing huh? Well, curry is so hard to get by here in Geneva plus they don’t even sell Prima Taste here in Geneva so we had to use up every drop of curry so as not to waste this precious sauce.
Here’s what we did:
- Meal 1: Dinner for 9 at our place for the Singapore food feast where I used 24 pieces of chicken drumsticks and wings plus 10 large potatoes for that huge pot of curry.
- Meal 2: Breakfast for 2 where we ate the curry with Prata.
- Meal 3: Dinner for 2 where we had instant noodles drenched in thick curry sauce. Very sinful!
- Meal 4: Breakfast for the Man where he had the curry with 3 slices of bread.
- Meal 5: Removed remaining pieces of potatoes and chickens soaked in curry sauce. Will be freezing that for future curry puffs.
- Meal 6: Dinner for 2 where I added more slices of chicken, mushroom bits and soaked the rice with remaining curry sauce. Thereafter, I put the rice on a casserole dish, covered it with mozzarella cheese and baked till the cheese turned golden brown before serving it. Viola! Curry Baked Rice ala Hongkong Cafe style!
This pot of curry definitely went a long way for us and I guess we are all ‘curried’ out for now! I need to get some exercise done soon with all that curry with carbs that I’ve eaten over the past couple of days! Phew….