Mid-week!!! Yippee!!! I guess it doesn’t really make a difference for me since I’m not working but somehow there’s always a buzz when weekend approaches.
Here’s a run-down of my Wednesday with some of the best pictures taken with the iPhone. I gotta say I’m doing quite a crappy job of documenting my entire day (I’ve seen what the others have done and it’s amazing the tons of pictures that they’ve taken). Well, I guess the primary reason why I decided not to put in that many pictures because WordPress has a limit to the number of pictures that I can load on the blog, so I kinda got to be discerning with the space constraints.
- Day was foggy when I woke up. Dragged myself out of bed and plonked in front of my lap-top to surf/blog.
- Had a date with E to head to the Asian supermarket to load up on food supplies. As it was still pretty cold when I peeked my head out of the window, I decided to play safe and dress in slightly heavier knits. Loving the Aztec printed knit that I got and paired with UGG boots. It’s my first Fall that I’m experiencing and the weather drives me absolutely insane. I can never quite guess whether it’s going to be warm or cold! This time I over-dressed! Arh!!!
- Headed back to E’s place for lunch. Salad and ravioli – yumz! Attempted to make grass jelly, we thought we had it right but after a couple of hours of making the grass jelly and letting it cool in the open, it’s still not hardening.
- Off to do a little retail therapy in town, walked past Comptoir Des Cotonniers boutique. Couldn’t resist popping in for they were having a Mid Season Sale with up to 40% discounts. Yay to savings! E picked out a lovely trench coat for me and it was gorgeous! Just in time for the trench coat that I had been about 5 years old already. Time to bid that coat goodbye.
- On the way back to E’s place, she pointed out Restaurant De La Madeleine – the only restaurant in Geneva that doesn’t serve alcohol! That’s the first I’ve heard.
- Lugged 3 bags of stuff filled with goodies and groceries back home.
- Prepped dinner – Spicy tofu served with leftover duck stew.
- Was feeling too stuffed from dinner, so decided to get busy and try my hand at baking those chouquettes again. Attempt number 3. Failed again! Burnt chouquettes greeted me again. I’m going to stick to the previous recipe that succeeded the next time round! Hmph!
- Unwinding down with a hot cuppa verbena tea and my eyes glued to the iPad loaded with the latest episodes of my favourite shows.